When we (engineers at Nissan) compared MapleMBSE with another MBSE tool and measured the time it took to perform common operations, we found MapleMBSE allowed our engineers to complete these tasks four times faster than with the other tool.
Waterloo, Ontario (PRWEB)
June 20, 2017
Maplesoft™ today announced the release of MapleMBSE, a new product that enables companies to employ a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to requirements management without requiring every engineer on the project to be an expert in complex MBSE tools. Using an Excel®-based interface, MapleMBSE makes collaboration on requirements accessible to all stakeholders, not just the MBSE tool experts, and provides streamlined interfaces for each task in the MBSE project. This ensures system-wide collaboration on the project, while reducing the time and errors that typically come with using a standard MBSE tool.
The new MapleMBSE advantages include:
- Intuitive, Excel®-based interface for easily entering system definitions without having to go through a complex MBSE tool
- Automatic population of information into the MBSE tool, translating the engineer’s inputs into system structures, behaviors, requirements, and constraints
- Integration with standard SysML-based MBSE platforms such as IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® or No Magic™ MagicDraw®
- Rapid impact analysis of design changes to test for conflicting requirements, all from within the intuitive MapleMBSE environment
- Optimized tool views for common MBSE tasks, such as requirements, failure mode and effects analysis, trade-off studies, and structure analysis
- Simple interfaces designed to reduce…