The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Sunday, saying that it had prepared a response to former prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s repeated questioning of why he was disqualified by the Supreme Court in the Panamagate verdict, started distributing pamphlets listing reasons for his ouster.
The pamphlets, titled “We will tell you why you were disqualified”, were distributed by a private helicopter at Liaquat Bagh and nearby areas ahead of the gathering at Rawalpindi today.
In nearly all of Sharif’s speeches that he delivered on his way to Lahore from Islamabad, he demanded to know the reason for his disqualification. “Someone tell me, why was I deposed?” he had asked, repeating the question frequently during his four-day GT Road rally last week.
The pamphlets list 10 reasons as to why the PTI believes Sharif was ousted from the public office.
‘Mian Sahab, this is why you were deseated’:
- You took advantage of your position [as PM] and looted taxpayers’ money.
- You built offshore companies in your children’s name for money laundering.
- You hid your wealth and assets from ECP, SECP, FBR and the public by lying on your documents.
- You engaged in money laundering with help from Ishaq Dar and other dishonest government officials.
- You cheated tax collecting authorities for 30 years.
- You lied to the Parliament and public in your address about Panama leaks and tried to mislead court.
- You and your children tried to mislead the joint investigation team and submitted fake documents.
- You are not honest or truthful.
- You had 15 months to come clean in front of the court and the public, but all you did was lie.
- You were disqualified by five judges, not random people.
PTI local leaders had submitted an application to the district administration seeking permission to drop pamphlets in the city from a helicopter.
“The deputy commissioner was contacted for permission to drop pamphlets through…