Multiple events have popped up throughout Southern California to help people deal with the emotions of the events that happened Saturday when a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. turned violent — resulting in the deaths of three people and injuries to many more.
Here’s a look at some of the “Stand with Charlottesville” events in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties Sunday:
Los Angeles County
• A prayer vigil will be held at 6 p.m. at Holman United Methodist Church, 3320 W Adams Boulevard in Los Angeles. Find out more about this event here.
• A gathering will be held at 4 p.m. at Plaza Square Park in Orange followed discussion at nearby Wahoo’s Fish Taco, 234 W Chapman Avenue. More information about this event can be viewed here.
• Another solidarity gathering will be held at 4 p.m. at Main Beach in Laguna Beach. Details here.
• A candlelight vigil will be held at 6 p.m. outside of Riverside City Hall, 3900 Main Street. A Facebook event page can be found here.
• Democrats of Southwest Riverside County will host a peaceful stand at 11 a.m. at the Temecula Duck Pond, 28250 Ynez Road.
San Bernardino County
• A “stand against hate” will be held at 6 p.m. outside the Barstow Union Bank, 239 E Main Street. View details about this event here.
• In Redlands, an interfaith group organized by the United Church of Christ’s Racial Justice Team planned to gather at 3 p.m. in front of the Stater Bros. at Colton Avenue and Orange Street.
More events across California can be found here.